The amount of ingredients shown is just a guideline for two servings. The actual amounts depend on how much salad per serving you want.
- 2 medium beets, cooked (roasted* or boiled**) until a fork easily goes in one (about an hour), peeled, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 handfuls (about 2.5 ounces) fresh baby arugula
- 4 Tbsp goat cheese (about 1.5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped toasted walnuts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dry powdered mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* To roast beets, scrub raw beets clean, coat with a little olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil, and roast in 400°F oven for 1 to 2 hours, until fork tender
** To boil beets, scrub raw beets clean, put in small pot, cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 45 min to an hour, until fork tender
1 Make the vinaigrette: Place dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to emulsify. Adjust ingredients to taste.
2 Assemble the salad according to how much you want. Compose each dish with a handful of arugula leaves, a few cooked chopped beets, some crumbled goat cheese, and some chopped toasted walnuts.
3 Drizzle the salad with vinaigrette. (You may have a little extra vinaigrette.)
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to Arugula Salad with Beets and Goat Cheese on Simply Recipes. Thank you!